* Science Fiction & Fantasy * Movies * Rainbow: Lubbock * Gay SciFi Sons of Taldra * Twitter
Tweets by @DuaneSimolke
Friday, May 26, 2017
Sunday, May 14, 2017
By Duane Simolke
Winner, Pride in the Arts Award
The brilliant scientist Taldra loves her twin gay sons and thinks of them as the hope for Valchondria’s future, but one of them becomes entangled in the cult of Degranon, and the other becomes stranded on the other side of a doorway through time. Can they find their way home and help Taldra save their world?
- “This is an incredible book about the human condition and how one person striving for the good can, in the end, be a source of change.” –Rainbow Reviews
- “So for those who want a thought provoking and fun sci-fi read, then I would highly recommend Degranon; so hover on over to the bookstore and check this one out.”—Blogger Girls
- “In Degranon, author Duane Simolke establishes his voice in gay genre writing by combining current concerns revolving around queer culture with a world of dimensional doorways, advanced technology, and distant planets.” –X-Factor, October 1, 2004 issue
- “It's a very good story.” –HomoMojo.Com and I Must Be Dreaming
- “A must read.” – Joe Wright, for StoneWall Society
- “A reminder of the danger of fanaticism.” –Mark Kendrick, author of Stealing Some Time
- “Duane Simolke's latest offering is a fascinating scifi excursion into a world as unique as his singular vision.” –Ronald L. Donaghe, author of Cinátis
- “I recommend DEGRANON for its exciting, well-constructed narrative, its often intriguing characters, and its wealth of ideas both political and philosophical.” –J. Clark
- “DEGRANON is sci-fi that warrants the attention of any serious aficionado, gay or straight, fascinated by alien worlds that mirror our own world.” –William Maltese, author of Beyond Machu
Though it takes place on other worlds, all the characters in this book are people we might call Native American, African American, Hispanic, Asian, or Middle Eastern. Some of them are also gay. Degranon deals with themes of diversity, censorship, and religious violence. It takes place in an alternate dimension, with some of our prejudices and other problems looked at from unusual angles. More importantly for most scifi fans, though, it delivers fast-paced action and constant twists.
Nook, Fishpond.co.nz, Fishpond.co.au, Degranon: Kindle eBook, Kindle Germany, Gay Science Fiction Worlds, Gay Science Fiction for Canadian Readers, Gay Science Fiction for the UK, SciFi/Fantasy Adventure, Gay Science Fiction at bn.com, Fantasy Adventure at bn.com, Gay Fantasy at bn.com, Science Fiction Adventure at bn.com.
Saturday, May 06, 2017
Friday, May 05, 2017
Thursday, May 04, 2017
Set in an alternate reality, the Taldra novels focus on gays, people of color, and powerful women. Degranon: A Science Fiction Adventure flings an Iroquois family into a battle across time and space. In Sons of Taldra: A Science Fiction Adventure, alien shapeshifters and dark secrets threaten humanity. Both works appear in this specially priced eBook.
These novels take place in the present, in an alternate dimension. Valchondria (Earth) had advanced to space travel but then banned it and stopped advancing. Degranon was a Valchondrian colony, and part of the reason for the ban.
Keywords: gay marriage, love is love, LGBT, queer, POC, People of Color, Native American, Iroquois, Navajo, African American, Black, Hispanic, Latino, Latina, Asian, Middle Eastern, religion, faith, atheism, cults, diversity, DiversityInSFF, strong females, powerful women, women, alternate reality, space epic, romance, free speech, individuality, scifi, SyFy.
Saturday, April 15, 2017
The use of “vibrant” fits the blog, with its bright colors, reader-friendly layout, engaging interviews, and insight into science fiction and fantasy writing. Please read my Interview about Valchondria at Our Epic Worlds, but don’t stop there. Our Epic Worlds is a fun read and an interesting resource for readers and writers.
The Our Epic Worlds twitter account includes links to the latest posts.
Author M.L. Spencer manages Our Epic Worlds.
Sunday, April 09, 2017
Sunday, April 02, 2017
Saturday, March 25, 2017
In an alternate reality, an Iroquois woman and her twin gay sons battle shapeshifting aliens.
Keywords: Native American, African American, Middle Eastern, strong women, gay, lesbian, LGBT, queer, scifi, diversity, alternate reality, book club, book chat.