The Return of Innocence: A Fantasy Adventure Revised eBook, coming in 2017.
Sometimes, going home is the most dangerous adventure of all!
The Return of Innocence blends humor and romance with exciting fantasy action. Visit Theln, a planet of magic, dragons, nobility, and heroes. Sasha Varov was born into a noble home in the Thelni kingdom of Jaan, but Sasha’s father dared to oppose the king’s sorcerer, Wuhrlock. Sasha and her family became exiles on a desolate island.
At sixteen, Sasha left her island home to buy seeds in Jaan. She stumbled into a series of misadventures that ended with the death of Wuhrlock and made Sasha a legend, known as “Innocence.” Never mind that the legend barely resembled the truth, or that Sasha caught Wuhrlock in an unguarded moment. When Sasha returned for more seeds, the people of Jaan expected her to defeat a much more ruthless and powerful sorcerer.
I wrote the short story “The Return of Innocence” in 1983. With contributions by Toni Davis, I later developed it into a novel. As with all of my books, it includes gays and people of color.
“This was a really fun fantasy book. I loved the world Simolke created, because it has the traditional ‘medieval’ sort of feel what with how it took place in villages where people bartered and traded, but it had many modern elements that I appreciated.” –Shawn C. Sproatt, author of The Misfit of Supernatural High (Supernatural High Series)
“As an avid Simolke reader, one way I judge a book is that I want to know more about the characters that are introduced to me. ‘The Return of Innocence’ is one of those books. (Duane, take the hint.)” –Joe Wright, for StoneWall Society
“In 'The Return of Innocence', Duane Simolke once again proves his writing mastery.” –Mark Kendrick, author of Stealing Some Time
“Not your typical swashbuckler.” –Bob Medak, for Allbooks Reviews
“An engrossingly successful story-teller.” –William Maltese, author of Beyond Machu
Author and critic Glen Dromgoole’s Texas authors column: The Abilene Reporter News * The Bryan-College Station Eagle * The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
- Pressbox.Co.UK: Allbooks Review Editor's Choice Award winners announced
- FreePressRelease: Allbooks Review announces winners of Editor's Choice and Reviewer's Choice Awards for 2007
- 24-7pressrelease: Allbooks Review announces Editor's Choice and Reviewer's Choice Award
- American Chronicle: Allbooks announce winners of Editor's and Reviewer's Choice Award
- This Week In Texas: Gay author wins another award for his work
- Belmont University: '89 Alum Wins Book Award
- American Chronicle: ALLBOOKS REVIEWS EDITOR’S CHOICE AWARD FOR 2007 announces the finalists
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: 12/8/06: Simolke's fantasy novel up for award