Click here to read about my books at the Texas Techsan.
And speaking of West Texas…
Here are 16 reasons to visit Acorn, Texas.
(1) German festival!
(2) The best chicken-fried steak and apple pie this side of Throckmorton!
(3) Close to Lubbock and Amarillo!
(4) Antiques shops and an art gallery!
(5) As far as we can figure, no film students have ever turned up missing here.
(6) Acorn College, and more importantly, Acorn College Football!
(7) How 'bout those sunsets?
(8) Unlike the people in Happy, Texas, we wouldn't mind if you made a movie about us, as long as you gave us lots of money.
(9) A short drive to Roswell, New Mexico.
(10) A short drive from Roswell, New Mexico, if you get tired of the alien hunters.
(11) We’re nothing like West Texans in movies or that ***** Greater Tuna play. (The preceding sentence was edited for a word that made me have to put a quarter in the cuss jar.)
(12) We have a more “normal” name than Shallowater, Levelland, Muleshoe, Throckmorton, or Earth, Texas. We love to brag about our beautiful name.
(13) Though he may deny it and tell us to take this off our Web site, rumor has it that a certain famous West Texan who now lives in D.C. attended a frat party or two here. Maybe he just doesn't remember.
(14) None of our citizens have been on that Survivor TV show or American Idol, but we have a daily Wheel of Fortune Viewers Club, over at the Ice Cream Dream, and you don’t know Fear Factor until you’ve been to Acorn’s Cow Palace on Karoake Night.
(15) According to the latest recount, we still have more marriages than divorces.
(16) Have we mentioned the sunsets?
Learn more at the Acorn, Texas Chamber of Commerce.