Navigate

Thursday, March 20, 2003

I graduated from Belmont University (BA, 89), Hardin-Simmons University (MA, 91), and Texas Tech University (Ph.D., 96), all with a major in English. Recently, the alumni publications of all three institutions included information about The Acorn Gathering: Writers Uniting Against Cancer!

Range Rider, the alumni newsmagazine of Hardin-Simmons University mentioned my contributions and those of another HSU alum: Timothy Morris Taylor. Tim and I both started at HSU in 1989. When I was editor of the HSU school paper, The Brand, Tim contributed to a special letters-of-support issue I put together for sending to the troops in the Gulf War. He is a very creative and compassionate person, so I knew to contact him when I started work on my project The Acorn Gathering.

(One of HSU's most famous alums is Marion Zimmer Bradley, whose fantasy novels include The Mists of Avalon.)

HubStuff, a new arts/entertainment publication here in Lubbock, Texas, also featured information about The Acorn Gathering in recent issues.


SFBookcase.com now includes information about my science fiction thriller Degranon. Click here to read the listing, and to learn about other scifi/fantasy books and authors.

Next week, I’ll have more scifi/fantasy news.